I am a bit late on posting pictures and thoughts about my wee escape to Naples and Sorrento back in 2016 but better late than never!
As you may have read in my other post, I finally visited my country’s capital in October 2016, and since Rome is so close to Naples, we decided to make a quick trip there.
Best way to get to Naples from Rome?
FlixBus is the best way to get to Naples from Rome. It is cheap, safe and reliable, plus their buses offer free wifi and are super clean.
What to do in Naples for a few hours
- Eat mozzarella di bufala and anything with tomato sauce.
- Have coffee and sfogliatelle.
- Stroll around the old town and soak in the vibrant atmosphere – you will probably end up in some food market 😉
- Climb up to the top of the ‘hill’ for a view of the city!
- Take a ferry to Sorrento.
While I write this, I am actually surprised we managed to do all this in a day! If you, like me, like to be spontaneous, Naples is the perfect place to be so. Without planning and just strolling around you will have an amazing time. Naples is a city to be LIVED.
There is so much more to do in Naples, and one day I would love to go back and spend a few days there, maybe having a proper dining experience at some amazing restaurant, visiting Pompeii and visiting the fascinating underground!
Have you ever been to Naples or the Amalfitan Coast?